Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fencing. Huzzah.




I came across these on twitter the other day and I fell in love. (I see a photo trend happening lately.) They were taken by a very talented photographer named Matt Roth. His photo blog has everything from an 11-year-old lifting weights to a couple and their 'fat effin' cat.' All of his photos have a great color and life to them. According to the text that accompanies these photos on his website, the woman in the photos won a bronze medal at the US Fencing Association’s Summer National Championships in Atlanta, GA.

Something Roth brought up in his post, which I had never considered, was how hard it was to capture the woman behind the mask.
For those who’ve photographed fencers with lights before, they know how super hard it is to show their faces behind all that protective mesh. After a ton of chimping and head-scratching, I eventually figured it out.
Now I have an even larger appreciation for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment