Monday, October 4, 2010

Photog of the Moment: Gui Christ

While searching through the usual blogs the other day, I came across the work of Gui Christ on Sweet Station, which used to be my favorite blog until they started posting a lot of obscure things and less architecture. Anyways, I was blown away by these photos. They stuck with me - I wanted to check back and look at them again so I knew I had to share them here.

According to the post, the Brazilian photographer's work on Brazil’s 3 kings festival (The Wise Men Revelry) was displayed in Amsterdam this weekend. I am now desperately googling for more on this photog. Wow.





Update: I was also very curious about this festival, so here is the gist. I am fairly certain that it is a part of Carnival, which is an event that occurs right before Lent, usually the main events are during February. According to Wikipedia, the event is

It's the largest carnival event in this country, considered to be the largest of the kind in the world. Called "One of the biggest shows of the Earth", the festival attracts millions of tourists, both Brazilians and foreigners who come from everywhere to participate and enjoy the great show.
OK, I'm sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment